Derby Adult Learning Closed
ALL of our centres and evening classes (at other venues) are CLOSED to learners until further notice.
We realise this is a worrying time for everyone; if you or your family need support, or have any concerns about how you can manage during this crisis, please refer to Derby City Council website: https://www.derby.gov.uk/coronavirus-covid19.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Guidance
You should only leave the house for one of four reasons:
- Shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible.
- One form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household.
- Any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
- Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home
To view the Government's latest guidance on staying at home and staying away from others in full please click here.
Do not leave your home if you have either:
- A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
To protect others, do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Stay at home.
Use the 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do here.
Last Updated: Thursday 26th March 2020.
I am looking for a course about
What you can learn
Derby Adult Learning Service provides high quality education for adult learners. It aims to meet the needs of local communities and individuals, encouraging lifelong learning through partnership with other education and learning providers.