An apprenticeship with Derby City Council is a great way to gain work experience while earning money at the same time and developing your skill set. You will be doing a real job and work towards qualifications that confirm your competency.
Derby City Council Apprenticeships last a minimum of 12 months and are offered at intermediate and advanced levels.
What apprenticeships are offered through Derby City Council?
- Business Administration
- Customer Service
- Team Leader / Supervisor
- Other job roles, depending on vacancies
Why join Derby City Council as an apprentice?
- Improve your job prospects – many of our apprentices have secured permanent employed positions in the Council
- Receive the current rate of pay for our apprenticeships which is £159.10 per week, paid monthly (from April 2021)
- 37 hours per week Monday to Friday
- 26 days' holiday and all bank holidays per year
- Gain a variety of experience in one of our teams
- Work towards industry recognised qualifications
- Gain valuable skills, learning from experienced staff
- Help and support from your manager, training provider to gain transferrable work skills.
How do I apply for an apprenticeship?
We advertise our apprenticeships on the Government website GOV.UK - Find an apprenticeship.
If you apply on this site, you will be directed to our Derby City Council jobs page. There you will find the application form, job description, person specification and advert for our Council apprenticeships.
Please read our guidance notes before applying for vacancies.