Who we are
Our purpose, mission and values
It's our mission to deliver outstanding learning and skills provision that improves the economic, social mobility and wellbeing of Derby’s citizens.
How we achieve this:
- We put the learner at the core of everything that we do.
- We will build our offer around the needs of the learners whose voice is least likely to be heard.
- We will work with respected voluntary and community organisations, schools and creative arts.
- We will support citizens as they seek to improve their skills, with community-based courses and vocational skills.
- We will provide employment advice and guidance and provide supported training programs that link directly into employers and job opportunities with guaranteed interviews.
- We will offer community learning that develops the skills, confidence, motivation and resilience of adults.
- We will liaise with schools and community groups to develop family learning to encourage families to learn together.
- Many of our staff live locally and we will celebrate our achievements together.