Italian History of Art
Italian History of Art
Distance Learning Course
Level 1 (Mixed)
23 April 2021
18 June 2021
Friday between 13:00 and 15:00
Between 8 and 14 learners.
NOTE: This course has already started.
This is an online course taught via Zoom
What will I be learning?
We will explore different ways to interpret visual images and how they communicate to us. We will learn about specific section of Italian history of art. We will take a journey back in time, starting from L’arte Bizantina Bizantine Art to il Rinascimento the Renaissance.
During this course you will:
- Learn how to interpret visual images
- Explore Ravenna and its uniquely preserved Bizantine testimony
- Investigate Romanesque style in Italian architecture
- Learn about Italian Gothic through the Duomo of Milan and the Duomo od Siena
- Take a virtual tour of Assisi, its architecture and frescos
- Appreciate how Giotto’s art signed a turning point in the landscape of Italian art history
- Have an introduction to the beginning of the Italian Renaissance il Quattrocento.
Does the course lead to a qualification?
No, this course does not lead to a qualification.
Who is the course for?
It is aimed to address all who have a passion for Italy, its History of Art and Culture.
What can I expect to be doing in classes?
Taking part in activities together, in pairs and small groups to:
- Learn about Italian History of Art
- Contribute to lessons with mini presentations
- Learn vocabulary related to art
- Participate in games and quizzes
In order to be able to participate in this course you must:
1. Have access to regular, stable Internet connection
2. Have access to a smartphone, tablet or a PC/laptop. Occasionally you may need to use your smartphone/tablet as a backup for the class, but this will not support all the features that are required to participate effectively in the classes.
3. Have an up-to-date email address and be able to confidently communicate via email.
Additional Information / How will I learn?
The class will be 2hrs, once a week. It will be a mixture of live online delivery (via Zoom) and distance learning (via email and/or other secure platform). At enrolment, you need to provide a current email address.
In addition, you will be expected to complete some independent study outside the class each week. Your tutor will advise you according to your goals and progress.
If you have not used Zoom before, you need to familiarise yourself with the basics. Prior to starting the class, you will need to have read the DALS Zoom guidance policy. This will be sent to you via email and you will need to reply to your tutor to confirm you have read and accepted the policy.
About DALS online teaching and learning platform: Derbylearn
Your tutor may ask you to register for a user account at www.derbylearn.net, our secure online platform. For this you will need to:
- Supply your email address
- Choose a user name
- Choose a secure password.
Support with preparing for online learning
If you have any difficulties with using either Zoom or Derbylearn then please consult with your tutor who will try to help.
You can expect:
- A confidence building environment
- Regular contact with your tutor
- Meet like-minded people and practise your new skills and knowledge together
Home Study and Learning Resources
- Time to consolidate learning at your own pace
- Activity sheets, learning projects, online resources and/or set books as advised by your tutor
How will I know how I am progressing during the course?
At DALS, we use an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) to set and review targets and provide feedback, enabling continual reflection and evaluation throughout the course. Learners will also receive verbal and/or written feedback on marked work. Learners will use their ILP to help track and monitor their own progress towards set goals, to support personal development and achievement.
Is there an exam?
There is no formal exam, although there is continual evaluation throughout the course. This course does not lead to a qualification, but it can be very helpful on your way to a qualification course in the future.
Health and Wellbeing
The slogan you see on our brochures and leaflets is: meet enjoy learn achieve .
This is because we believe that taking part in adult and community learning can open the door to new friendships, give you something enjoyable and worthwhile to do with your time, enable you to learn something new and give you a sense of achievement. That's got to make you feel good!
Distance Learning Course
Derby Adult Learning Service, Online Learning Course, DE0 0NA
You can enrol onto this course now using our online secure website. Enrol Now
If you would like more information about this course or wish to enrol, please contact via:
Derby Adult Learning Service, Online learning course, DE24 9DE Find Us
Send your enrolment enquiry to DALSenquiries@derby.gov.uk.
For more information about this course, please contact us on 01332 956565.
Advice and short courses now available to jobseekers.