Additional Learning Support
If you are on a Skills (accredited) course or Community Learning course and need additional help due to a learning difficulty or disability, there are several ways in which we can help you. Firstly, we will do an assessment with you, to plan how to meet your needs.
We may be able to help your learning with:
- An individual support package
- A hearing loop (classroom delivery)
- Special computer equipment (classroom delivery)
- Large print (online/classroom delivery)
- A communicator if you are deaf (classroom delivery).
Help with costs
If you are on a Skills (accredited) course and in financial hardship, you may apply to the Hardship Support Fund for help with costs. This fund can help with financial support towards your:
- Exam Fees: Support towards some of your exam fees.
- Course fees: Support towards the cost of some of your course fees
- Transport: We may be able to contribute towards some of your transport costs, including those learners who are receiving Disability Living Allowance and receiving lower rate mobility.
- Specialised Equipment: Learners who have additional needs may request specialised equipment which we may be able to provide.
- Books/texts: Support towards the costs of up to 2 key texts for your course
- Childcare: Llimited support towards childcare costs (specific conditions apply)
If you think you may be eligible to apply for any of the above Hardship Support Funds, please ask a member of staff who will arrange to complete the application form with you.
We cannot guarantee applications will be successful, but we will let you know within two weeks of applying.
Hardship Support Funds are limited, so you need to apply as soon as possible.
Allenton Bursary scheme
If you live in the Allenton Big local area you can apply for a bursary for up to £500 to pay for course fees and £500 to pay for childcare costs. For full details go to http://www.biglocalallenton.co.uk/bursary.
Advice and short courses now available to jobseekers.